02 October 2008

My village and it's debate day!

Hey all,
I got a visit from my country director today--she is based out of St Lucia (an island to the North). It was a nice visit, talked for a bit at my homestay, and we shared some thoughts on all sorts of good things. I did ask about the level of what I can post online--word or pic--and have gotten the official ok on most things within reason. So for those of you that want to know where I am on the map....click on my lil map of St Vincent and look for the little place called Spring Village. ^_^ I don't look that far from the main town of Kingstown, perhaps 8 miles in a straight line. However, given the way the roads curve and the type of road conditions and traffic flow--it is acutually a 45-60 min ride depending on the driver. So here I am! ^_^

So I know that I said I've been spoiled here by having CNN. I supposed I didn't realize how spoiled until I wanted to watch tonight's VP debate. What happened? The island cable company went down in many parts of the island including my own. With night transportation being nil....it didn't appear to be a good night for me. Yeah, unlike the cable company I recently worked for--I highly doubt the repair teams will be working 24/7 to fix the problems. I don't think the area services are such that it would be warranted as necessary anyway. >.<

At least I was able to get my laptop online via dsl and kinda stream it from cnn.com/live. I tried a few other sites as well, but this was the best feed I could get. Even this one was REALLY choppy. Video wasn't really there, but at least most of the audio when smoothly. So I am content to at least hear it. Not that these debates would be changing my vote, but I've been looking forward to see how these personalities would clash, listen to the debating styles, and see just how many of the questions they would answer straightforward.

So no matter what your opinion is--GO OUT AND VOTE!
Don't take your rights for granted and use your civic power.

But for now, it is past my bedtime. ^_^
stay safe and well.
ciao tutti
~your wannabe jedi
~Shawn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I got stuck watching CNN tonight.. it was because of the debate that Grey's wasn't on tonight. >.<

I did learn a little bit about the potential VPs though, so I guess that's good. Sorry your cable went out, at least you have the internet. ^_^