22 January 2009

movies

Once again, I stray from what I'm doing here just to share some thoughts on things I like...

As I get older, I find I'm becoming more engaged and interested in politics. So when a movie like Swing Vote came out, it's no wonder that I'd probably be interested in it. Watched it last night and have nothing but great things to say about it.

  • Great cast--several bigger names, but all good actors that fit their roles well
  • Sure, it is completely unrealistic in terms of 'could this happen', but it is very entertaining.
  • Main characters were very believable and I really enjoyed seeing the jokes of how the political campaign machines move on the stances...when they think it will get them a win.

I could say more, but why?
Get out there and watch it. You don't have to appreciate politics to enjoy this good movie. Not an award winner in my book by anymeans--but the message is certainly there and kudos to the makers.

And just to wet the appetite on it, here's the trailer:


-------------------

Also....as I continue down the road of 'fanboy', enjoying the cartoons and comics of my youth, I followed a link sent by a friend to see the movie trailer for Thundercats. It is fanmade and as far as I know there is no plans to recreate this old cartoon into a movie. The effects used in this trailer are rather cool--but if you are not familiar or didn't like Thundercats before, you probably wouldn't enjoy this as much...




Stay well and happy
ciao tutti
~your local wannabe jedi
~Shawn

1 comment:

Antillean said...

Wow, that Thundercats vid owned.