29 June 2009

Too big for one person anyways....

I had just finished getting a quick afternoon shower to freshen up before heading out for to teach my Monday night computer class when I heard my landlord outside calling for me. He's been storing some things for another person in a side room and a few appliances inside my rented home. He told me last night to expect moving out a couple pieces in the near future.

Of course, I took that as later in the week or with some local things....perhaps after Carnival week. I certainly wasn't expecting him to tell me minutes before I wanted to leave to teach that they would be moving the things this evening. Nor was I expecting so many things in the house to go.

My only table, 1/2 the chairs, an Armour I was using to hold office/computer supplies, the refridgerator, and my bed were on the unexpected list of things to be removed. The fridge and bed was a big surprise and I got stuck taking everything out and onto the counter. Sadly, the pumpkin I had previously frozen must get used by tomorrow....it is now a big mushy mesh, boo. Good thing I didn't have anything that would spoil too quickly. Fortunately, my landlord managed to get another refridgerator while I was away teaching. I have no clue where it came from, but I'm not asking either. ^_^ He got me a little patio style table too, so everything is peachy.



I don't really need a bed frame and I have a mattress. Tossed it on the floor and I'm a happy camper. More futon-like and I enjoy being closer to the ground. That's the way I had it back home, so this is that much better.

So my house is all good, but I honestly find it to be too big for one person. So I dragged my mattress and smaller table into the main room and am trying to do things more 'studio style'. Since I don't let the village kids inside, I think this will work out just fine. Good times all around. Outside of keeping my clothes and a few things in the other rooms, I won't be using them so much. Still, I do feel awkward having a big house all to myself when I see so many families with many people living in a house of the same size or often much smaller.

Stay happy and well
ciao tutti
~your local wannabe jedi
~Shawn

1 comment:

Karen's Planet said...

Hey Shawn, it's nice to see you are making the best of things! How strange, that a "refrigerator and a bed are described as a "few things"!